Coding Games in Unity
Learn how to code in a professional game building engine!
Learn to build video games in Unity that will run on the Windows or Mac platform. Level 1 will build a 2D game and Level 2 will build a 3D game.
What You Will Learn and Do
- Import assets such as images, spritesheets and tilemaps (and 3D models in Level 2)
- Understand how to create Unity Game Objects and attach Colliders, Physics and Scripts to themthe menu.
- Learn basics of the C# coding language to script behaviors and interactions in the game
- Cover coding concepts and patterns that are commonly used in game development
Two Levels so You Can Go Further this Summer
Level 1 will focus on 2D games, while Level 2 will apply the same concepts in a 3D environment! Level 2 can be taken the very next week or a few weeks later, to give you flexibility.
Students should have prior coding experience, and feel ready for a challenge. Please give us a call if you are not sure if this class is the right level for you.
How Long is the Camp?
Learn new Coding skills in just one week!
5 days, 2 hours/day
What Does it Cost?
$199 per week
What If You Miss a Class?
We only enroll for full weeks of camp and fees are not prorated if you miss a day.
Please select a week that works for your schedule on all 5 days.
If you must miss a day due to unforeseen circumstances, the instructor can record the lesson and we will share it with you afterwards.
How Classes Work
It's online learning, and it's personalized, effective and fun!
- You will learn from a live instructor online over Zoom.
- There will be a maximum of 4 students, so you can get to know each other, speak up and get help when you need it.
- Instruction is done by screen sharing.
- You will follow along with the instructor and build your own projects at home.
What Technology Do You Need?
Here's what you need to join a class:
- A computer or laptop (view minimum requirements)
- High-speed internet
- Microphone and speakers, or a headset
- A webcam (recommended, but not required)
All the tools we use are free and available online for you to continue coding at home during and after the class.
Are You Ready To Become a Unity Game Developer? Register Now!